Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

Simplicity Sovereign 18

a_sannine

I got a problem just popped out of no where , driving me nuts , I was using it and every thing working great ,all the sudden tractor dies , try to start it and all I hear a click , story short I pined it down to the circuit breaker is tripping then after 20 seconds it engage again , I turn the key to the first position after like two seconds it trip again , I tested with the light one of the wires it seem shorted some where , as when I put the key to the first position it dimes then the breaker shut off .

any suggestions ?

a_sannine

Found the problem , it was shorted at this connection . where the RED AND PURPLE wire suppose to hook ? any one have the wiring for this tractor thanks

as I doubting it was in the right place

az7vxs.jpg

a_sannine

Bob ur not gonna believe what was the problem , pain in the a** it was , it seem some one dropped a small screw behind the fly wheel that got caught and pinched the stator wire and shorted it , holy cow , I couldn't believe it when I saw it , I wish I took photos, so I end up taking the engine out , covers, coils ,fly wheel , in the same time every thing happen for a reason , behind the fly wheel it was packed with dust to a point I couldn't see the stator , cleaned it put back together, back breaking job :D since I did it in my house not in my shop.