Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Starter Problem

Simplicity7013H

I have a bit of a situation here... I had a starter rebuilt and it worked fine for a couple of starts then, I let it sit over night now the starter won't work properly. When the belt it taken off the starter it works. It picks up speed and seems like its OK. But when the belt is tensioned ,it has no power what so ever and does nothing. Even jumped it from the truck. Any ideas? Thanks

Elliot,

If you paid the "rebuilder guy" to overhaul this S/G, then take it back to him to fix it. If you directly jumped the "A" terminal & ground with a strong battery/jump pack and it has no torque, then it's pretty obvious the rebuild went seriously wrong.

Tom (PK)

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Is the engine tight? maybe hydrolocked by gas?

id="quote">
id="quote">I used the starter off of my 7013 on the 3112 and it worked just fine. Also, I can hold the pulley with my hand and it won't do anything. Also, what would happen if suppose the cables from the regulator were hooked up backwards ? IDK just a thought. Thanks for the Advice

If you mount the motor in a vise, ground the case and while grasping the pulley, then touch the "A" terminal with a positive battery connection, the pulley will probably force you to let go of if you can hang on good, give you some hurt. Be sure you tap the positive post of the battery to preserve the motor terminals.