Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

is that a hydro leaking on 919

a_sannine

A guy selling this 919 he sent me this photo about the leak , is it a hydraulic fluids ? or just messy grease ? looks to me some kinda bad axel seal .

2vcggo2.jpg

That area looks like grease. The PO may have over greased the axle hub. I can't see how hydro fluid could get out to and beyond the differential.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Maybe a cracked axle tube?

id="quote">
id="quote">you might be right about that , iam gonna ask him to check .I've owned so many tractors , never seen some thing that bad .Thanks

I said that because I had one once that had a cracked tub from the keyway for the diff and back into the tube towards the tranny. Everytime you greased the zerk in that area it would come out the tube against the back side of differential.

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Maybe the dust seal is bad between the hub and the differential?

id="quote">
id="quote">I agree, and over greased. I can't see a cracked axle tube lasting long enough to get that bad and the crack would be inside or before the diff, not outside.

confused if I should go for it or let go since I have to put a lot of driving and the guy not willing to put any effort looking since it is cold out .

depends , one time I drove to central NJ to buy one end up coming back with two , the same guy had another one with broken rod that went thru the block , it was in a very good shape one of the cleanest all original .

they are becoming hard to find , I restored one long time ago I might still have the pic for it , if I find it i'll share it .