Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
aspeltz1

LH or RH discharge

aspeltz1

Does anyone know why the Legacy has a LH discharge for the 48" and 60" deck and a RH discharge for the 54" deck? Or why they seemed to flip flop from left to right discharge throughout the years on various models.

goodtimo

Do you think the 54 looks to be cheaper-built too? I've had the 48 and the 60, and the 54 looks so shallow in the pictures compared to the 60. BUT, I've never seen it in person to verify.

quote:Originally posted by aspeltz1

Does anyone know why the Legacy has a LH discharge for the 48" and 60" deck and a RH discharge for the 54" deck? Or why they seemed to flip flop from left to right discharge throughout the years on various models.

id="quote">
id="quote">

RayS

Just because it is a little shallower than the left hand decks. It doesn't mean they are cheaper. The 54" is quite a bit heavier than 48" left hand deck. It also has more cutting height than the left hand decks and other improvements. I like the 44" and 50" decks better than the left hand decks as well and they have a better maximum cut height as well.

goodtimo

Good to know. Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by RayS

Just because it is a little shallower than the left hand decks. It doesn't mean they are cheaper. The 54" is quite a bit heavier than 48" left hand deck. It also has more cutting height than the left hand decks and other improvements. I like the 44" and 50" decks better than the left hand decks as well and they have a better maximum cut height as well.

id="quote">
id="quote">