Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2 stage blower on sunstar

wilm169

OK it works great, but can not get any traction to push it. I have lawn treads on with 60# weights, and if I hang any more weight on it will not lift it.

Just looking for ideas.

I see guys complain about it all the time. The 2 stagers are heavy! Add a weight box to the rear and fill the tires with windshield washer fluid! You may get away with just filling the tires.

Even on our single stage blower we need tires loaded with 40/60 antifreeze, 50lb wheel weights and good 2 link chains to get the traction needed to work on the hills and on/off the trailer. A 2 stage blower is noticeably heavier and should have the rear weight box like you would use on the loader to balance it.

quote:Originally posted by wilm169

OK it works great, but can not get any traction to push it. I have lawn treads on with 60# weights, and if I hang any more weight on it will not lift it. Just looking for ideas.

id="quote">
id="quote">Eat more food ... and drink more beer...

When I had my Sunstar I had chains plus 140 lbs of weights on it and never had a problem with it going thru the snow. Went threw snow over the blower and didn't even faze it.

Yes Ron I put weights on the 3point hitch, had to take them off.

Guess I am going to have to try the chains I have, just not sure they are for the 26 12 12

quote:Originally posted by oldsarge

CHAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id="quote">
id="quote">I am surprised, and perhaps I am not familiar with an available offering, that is modeled after what we called "Wisconsin studs".These were turf like tires with helical springs molded into the tires so that when the tires experienced normal wear, the springs would be somewhat exposed and wear to expose wires to the tire tread surface.This aided traction without damaging paving as would studs.The advantage of these on a road vehicle, is they could be used on both the driven and the driving wheels.

I have two Deutz-Allis tractors and I have three suite case weights on the rear of each tractor. My tires are loaded with ww fluit and I have two wheel weights per tire along with two link chains and I have no problems going any were. One unit has a 47" two stage snowthrower and the other has a 46"blade.Wish I could post pic.

quote:Originally posted by wilm169

Yes Ron I put weights on the 3point hitch, had to take them off.Guess I am going to have to try the chains I have, just not sure they are for the 26 12 12

id="quote">
id="quote">If you are hanging weights off a rack attached to the lower lift arms of the 3 pt. then the total weight of the blower and the weights may exceed the capacity of the single lift cylinder and you won't be able to lift the blower.If memory serves me there is a forked notch on the 3 pt rear lift shaft where you can install a 7/16" bolt through the notch and into the upper link side bracket and hold the 3 pt. in the up position. Then you can load weights on your rack and the lift cylinder will not lift the rear lift.Search for the manual for 1691456 3 pt. hitch on the Simplicity site.