Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How's it hangin'?

goatfarmer

All right, get yer minds outta da gutter! That ain't what I'm talking about!CFor those who own a snowblade that you can adjust from the seat, what do you do with the adjustment rod? It just hangs there, and get's in the way.

hanger1.JPG

This is the solution so far. But I'm wondering what y'all do.

hanger2.JPG

hanger1.JPG.809206368dd24bf9350d6e854a349e6e.JPG

hanger2.JPG.1f20fa97c5059c0b1996548e92933b00.JPG

The blades I've had on both the large frame and P-max had a flat stock 30-45 degree bend with an eye bolt bolted to frame to hold the blade angle adjustment rod. That way you can still open the hood etc.

My 712 has that bracket, but this blade, which was purchased from the dealer new about 20 years ago, never had it.

I'll have to transfer it to this tractor.

I bought my blade from a local mower salvage yard, and it came with a flat steel "L" bracket that bolted to the side of the FDT instrument panel. I think the eye-bolt implementation a good substitute.

990356 instruction sheets.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCzEN8cuI6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdf

Item "Q" on page 3 part# 106687

inset (uppr RH corner) page 2, shows it bolted to the front upright of the tank/battery shelf.

see also page 38 and 39 of the operations manual.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8auGYrE3CG.5kbp796Dq.pdf