Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

deck spindles

yukon

has anyone ever tried to change an older deck (three bolt center pulley) on a sovereign that has 2 bolt blade spindles, to a single bolt blade spindle (newer style) i would like to know if it can be done.

Do they still make those spacer rings? I thought they discontinued them?

When I used to junk tractors for parts I used to get quite a few rusty old decks that had one or more spindles set up with the rings to accommodate a newer arbor setup.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Do they still make those spacer rings? I thought they discontinued them?When I used to junk tractors for parts I used to get quite a few rusty old decks that had one or more spindles set up with the rings to accommodate a newer arbor setup.

id="quote">
id="quote">Jack's still shows the pricing for the adaptors, roughly $16- ea. plus shipping.

So with this kit or the parts, you could just replace one spindle and have everything work level? I have a nice 42" deck that has eaten two of the center spindles of the old style heavy pulley, and this looks like to might be just the solution, if I'm understanding it correctly.