Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Did you know...I didn't know....

rokon2813

HMMM I wonder, if you go by the rest of their numbers, how big is a 74 cubic inch electric motor ??:o):o):o)

And No, I didn't know that you didn't know, nor did I know that you didn't know that I didn't know either }:)

Its funny, allis stuff pops up all the time, push mowers, attachments, golf carts, people movers, terra tigers, the list goes on. Anyone find an allis chalmers blender yet?:D

If I read it correctly, Briggs is out of the "Etek" motor end, but if you need to repair one, here's the manual. ;)http://www.ccdist.com/_serviceManuals/briggs/MS8247.pdf

I don't think Briggs got into the starter motor business, because I don't recall seeing a company logo or a P/N stamped in their body. They have an Asian facility now, so your guess is as good as mine where they get them.

Did you know they made a hybrid car in 1980?I believe it was never actually mass produced, but it was on the books at B&S.It's true...

Briggs-Stratton-car.jpg

I grew up just down 124th Street from the big production facility

and office of B&S in Wauwatosa, WI. Seeing this photo of the car with the 2 rear wheels on each side brings back an old memory of seeing this car in our local area. Now I need to watch the YouTube!

Tom

• Who's Online (See full list)

• tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts