Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pedal extension

RandyBuxton

Anyone have a mod for an extension of sorts for the brake/clutch pedal for a B110 or similar model? I have just completed a restore of a B110 with/for my grandson and he is just a wee bit short. Needs another four inches between the pedal and his foot in order to sit properly in the seat.

made one out of some scrap tube steel. slip the tube over the pedal then use some bolts to keep it on the back of the pedal. then tack weld a length on to extend it towards the driver. to finish it off use some flat steel for the new foot rest. then take it back off and weld it good then paint. good luck.

Years ago I had a 728 Broadmoor set up for the boys for their "learning" tractor.

I made some foot plates for the sides for safety sake. Then for a pedal extension, I welded a second brake pedal shaft tube around 6 inches or so back from the factory one and added a second brake pedal. Then connected it with rod connecting to the original brake pedal.

Worked really well for the intended purpose.

I don't remember what we did with that tractor, but I do remember getting chewed up one side and down the other by some people in here over putting 4 and 5 year old boys on a lawn tractor teaching them to run machinery at that age....sm00

When my oldest son wanted to drive my 61 Wards, instead of extending the pedal, I moved the seat forward. I actually used a set of slides from an automobile seat. I could push it forward and he could reach the pedal to drive, or I could push it rearward and I could drive the tractor. Didn't need a pedal extension with the sliding seat.

Here is a picture of an extension that I used on our pulling tractor when my son started pulling at 7 years old.Also my son drove our friends 7790 diesel in the light class and he put an extra pedal in the hydro lever hole with a linkage to the regular clutch pedal. It then did not require and changes from my son to an adult to drive the tractor.

wbpdlext.JPG

wbpdlext.JPG.b0e143762dfdee727f1fff9ec88bece4.JPG