Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CTD01

Simplicity broadmoor demonstrator

CTD01

I picked up a broadmoor this weekend labeled demonstrator. Came with deck rear hanging weight with 2 donuts and a snow plow setup. Has later 7 hp engine. I saw a couple old posts about them but anymore info would be great

rsz_kimg0005.jpg

rsz_kimg0005.jpg.63de050e625b1d2f812fdebb573df7fe.jpg

Chris727

Does yours have the electric starter-generator? I also have one of these units. I slowly gathered up almost everything required to put an "original" type 6hp engine back onto it.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Does yours have the electric starter-generator? I also have one of these units. I slowly gathered up almost everything required to put an "original" type 6hp engine back onto it.

id="quote">
id="quote">I could use a nice original 6 also....for my Squire 6.Ive seen pics of a couple Broadmoor demonstrators, and plenty of other brands (maybe some clones? Case, IH, etc), but never a large frame Simp or any Allis.

Chris727

The SN was no longer legible on mine. I could be wrong but your "Demonstrator" labels appear to be painted on or a "transfer" type decal. I believe mine just has stickers on it.

Josh, you can probably get an NOS 6hp shortblock on eBay but the head and tinwork would be the harder parts to find. Even the head gasket for the 6hp is NLA. I'm thinking the shortblock # was 298550 but I will double check and report back.

TimJr

I should dig it out sometime and scan it, but I have some factory literature that talks about the Demonstrator models. Something that the dealer could get one tractor at a discount for having a demonstrator on hand.

Also, the early (but I don't readily know the serial range) 6hp Broadmoors did not have a grease fitting for the frame pivot. There is an old service bulletin that addresses that problem. I have an old black dash tractor like that which had the center cut out and reinstalled - it must have seized on someone early in life.

Electric start was also a dealer or customer installed option on Broadmoors.

TimJr

Well, I just wasted an hour scanning a few old bulletins for the early Broadmoors. I didn't know we can't post PDF's here. My old computer and scanner take at least 5 minutes per page to scan a PDF, let alone a JPEG. Never thought to scan a document as a JPEG, figured a PDF was OK. Any suggestions on how to convert from a PDF to a JPEG?

Anyway, the service bulletin about drilling and tapping for a center pivot grease fitting is bulletin #183, dated Oct. 22, 1965.

If I get some time, I will get out my bulletins again and scan them as JPEG's so I can post them. Tim