Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How do I put a New Tractor Tire the Rim

snookman007

Hi fellow tractor owners,

My tire size is 31 X 15.5 X 15, 10 Ply. These are some heavy duty stiff tires.

Question is how do I get them on my old rims? Any easy way? Detailed instructions would be GREAT

Thanks

Snookman007

easiest would be to take them to a tire store. Aside from that, the HF tire changer works good and is cheap. Then, there's always spoons and tons of soapy water.

Walmart Service Center or local tire shop. :D

Seriously, if you gotta ask, then you don't have much experience and it WON"T be any fun.

Those are some stiff tires, and I'd hate to see you mess one up experimenting.

Local Tires shop said that their machine would not handle that stiff of a tire. And Yes I do not have any experience with putting tires on rims:( That's why I was asking. Sound like not easy way being as you are both 5 stars and would know. I guess off to the tractor repair shop I go/?

If the tire shop machine wont handle it, I wouldn't even attempt it myself if I were you.

Even with hf tire changer, I have bent up and ruined rims trying to remove /install hard stiff old tires.

I would find a experienced professional in a shop somewhere local that is comfortable in changing it for you and pay him to do it. Money well spent in my book.

The dealer I work at avoids doing tires larger than 23". Whenever we need tires done on a piece of farm equipment we contact the local ag tire dealer. They are setup to replace tractor tires in the field and rates are fairly reasonable. An auto tire retailer likely would not be able to do it.

the local service station did my 29x12.5x15 & 31x15.5x15 but we used spoons and lube to do 11x22.5 truck tires. going on is ok but removing the old ones is no fun.