Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Confession Time

JimDk

It's time for confessions. I have not been on the computer much for

several months due to a nasty health issue. I lost a kidney to cancer 12 years ago and thought that I had won the war. Well, it seams that I have not. November of 2013 took me to the hospital with pain in my back. After some scans, the docs determined that I have a tumor in the area of the original cancer. After a year of chemo it was determined that I was losing this battle.

I am now under the care of Hospice and my time on Earth is limited.

Which brings me to the reason for posting this under "Talking Tractors". I will have most of my tractors, implements and parts for sale. Most of them quite reasonable. I have 3 sons who are willing to help. Everything will be sold here at the farm. All the sons have full time jobs and families to take care of, so their time is limited. They are going to keep a few of the tractors to use here on the farm.

First, I would like to sell the '64 Landlord that I bought from member JimH. It has a Wheel Horse winter cab which fits well. The cab is in great shape, no holes in fabric or vinyl. The roof is perfect. Jim refurbed the tractor, but used it very little before moving to Florida. It has hydraulic lift, chains a good blower with all controls, a winter carb kit and pto belt cover. I would like to sell it for around $800. The tractor only need a bath and a carb cleaning. It has not run for a year, but did fire right up with a shot of gas in the carb.

I will compile a list of my other equipment and post it later. The LL will make someone a nice winter unit. That is my reason for posting it first.

Thanks, Jim

Sorry to hear about your health issues ... Best wishes to you.

I am too far away to buy anything, but I am sure that other members will help to make your sale easy and successful ... and they will take good care of your legacy tractors!

Tom

So sorry to hear that Jim.

I still need to make another trip down to see Charlie sometime, if I can help you make a sale by dragging something back toward Western New York, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck, and we are thinking of you.

Jim, I am thinking about you man.

Sounds like a good LL snow machine you have there. Hope someone closer has a hole in their shed. gw

Jim, prayers are all I can help you with. I am too far to help in your equipment sale. You will be in the night prayer list with me and my family.

Jim and his wife Audrey have become good friends, introduced through this site.

Our prayers are with both Jim and Audrey and their entire family.

John U

Jim,

Had to 'tweek" John the other day, since you dropped out of my "inbox"

for awhile. But you have not dropped out of our prayers. You have a runtime clock on that Lay-z-boy? Sure do wish that Billie and I could have made it out there to meet you and Audrey in person.

Hang tight Buddy! And God Bless!dOd

Wayne

quote:Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

Jim and his wife Audrey have become good friends, introduced through this site. Our prayers are with both Jim and Audrey and their entire family.John U

id="quote">
id="quote">That's what this place is all about...So sorry to hear, Jim. Thoughts and prayers are with you...