Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller on a 7112

edlincoln

quote:Originally posted by RayS

You are missing the idler pulley bracket that mounts on the rear lift.

id="quote">
id="quote">That, and you also have the tiller engagement idler on the wrong part of the belt. It goes on the bottom side of the lower section. Egages tiller by pulling up on the bottom of the belt.Heres some pictures of idler setup I have build for myself on a few occasions..

idler2.jpg

idler1.jpg

Do you have a picture of that idler set up on the tractor? Are you supposed to start the tiller with the pto clutch or the lever set up on the tiller? Thanks for your help.

quote:Originally posted by edlincoln

Do you have a picture of that idler set up on the tractor? Are you supposed to start the tiller with the pto clutch or the lever set up on the tiller? Thanks for your help.

id="quote">
id="quote">Heres one of a setup I sold a couple years ago..

007.jpg

If you have the cone clutch on your tractor like the 3400, 7000, and 7100 series have then you just latch the lever on the tiller down when you install the tiller and use the tractor pto to turn it on and off. If you have the older tractors like the 3000, 3100, 3200 or 3300 series with just the pulley on the gearbox shaft , then you have to flip the lever on the tiller up and down to turn the tiller on and off.

Thanks for the replies. I have several pulleys like that from the pto's on 70's JD garden tractors.

Ray do you make and sell those brackets?