Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New find David Bradley Tri Trac

johnny438

Found this diamond in the rough the other day and have since found another that I will be going to get in the next couple weeks that has been in storage for 35 years.

tri tracc.jpg

trii trac.jpg

57e059f305e8b_tritracc.jpg.ee6f6713eb29e062bb63d34f67f1b16f.jpg

57e059f310961_triitrac.jpg.557e5b965128df4cbcb15585dd798d3e.jpg

Nice, now you gotta make it look like this:Below is a Sears David Bradley Tri Trac. These were sold in the mid 1950's in the Sears catalog. They had a tendency to tip on hilly ground and were badly underpowered with only a 6 horsepower engine pulling 600 pounds of tractor plus the operator and implements. Most were bought back by Sears so they are very hard to find today This one came out of Oregon.

tritrac.jpg

A David Bradley Tri-Trac. Although this is not the company's best known offering, it's an interesting design. Built from 1954-1957, it was powered by a 6 HP Wisconsin and featured speed changer, reverse, and a ball lock clutch. This tractor was forced on David Bradley by parent company Sears & Roebuck, who wanted to compete with the likes of IHC and their Cub. The story goes that a David Bradley engineer who worked on the model refused to be pictured with the tractor for publicity purposes as he believed the tractor unsafe.

tri trac 2.jpg

tritrac.jpg.18be9007ff70e79f43e0b0cb2ca74689.jpg

57e06123e75b5_tritrac2.jpg.8f0cb13235231c925f5fbe6a9b6156f0.jpg

I had one of those for years had the 60 inch mower for it but never tried to use it as it did not have the power to run it. Those Wisconsin engines were a pain to start they would kick back real bad. I have seen a few that people put in a briggs engine with a hand clutch. I can say they are real easy to tip over. Side panels are hard to find for those .Sold mine and a ride master to a different collector a few years ago as they took up so much space in the shed.

quote:Originally posted by edlincoln

That looks like Steve Johnsons and it is forsale on the Portland Oregon Craigslist at this time $1995

id="quote">
id="quote">Could be, I found the picture on the web, it says it came out of Oregon

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on restoring and have another one that is in much better shape. The other one I have purchased has the side panels and is in fantastic shape. The one in the photo I found two hours from my home in Alabama . It was located in Tupelo Mississippi. I seen there is a plow on eBay for sale now for the tri trac and they want 500.00 dollars just for the plow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • PGL
    • littlemarv
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts