Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well I've been mia, heres whats been up!

hurleyii

I finally picked up my Allis hd Snow-blower and a decent simplicity vaccum cart! The snow-blower is complete with the mule drive or whatever it's called. The man did miss a couple pictures of rust so I need a shell for it! The wood part of the vaccum cart is rotted but intact enough to use as a blueprint. I should have that together by spring for the yard clean up!

Garage is also well on it's way to being ready for such projects as restoring my tractors. Ive got most of it insulated two very nice benches I built and I'm running 20amp outlets every 32" on over 4 breakers so I will have a full shop when I'm done In a couple weeks!

Minus a couple pricey tools!!

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

A decently equipped garage is a work in progress. I wired mine with receptacles at 48" oc, 48" above the floor, so that I could place things against the wall and not cover the receptacles. My wife assumed that 48" oc was extreme overkill, but I have added a few extras at unforeseen trouble spots, such as the one covered up by the tool box, the one inside the insulated box that I built for working wine and home brew. You can never have too many.

A good air compressor was first, then a welder and torch rig, parts washing tub, pedestal mounted bench grinder, assorted and sundry air and electric hand tools, as I already had most of the mechanics tools,and a drill press with a compound angle vise that can be used to mill if I need to. I have bought a lathe but not gotten it home yet(another wiring project and will wire the bench in the process). I will have the garage paid for this year, the equipment...paid for so far, just not all purchased. Don't think you are finished just because you have it full to the brim!