Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
donmoore1904

Tractor running great thanks to help here

donmoore1904

I was plowing my driveway yesterday with my 3sp B&S 7010, north of Easton PA, and while wrestling with 8" of midway-wet snow, my thoughts turned to how well the tractor was running. And how reliable it is. The engine was purring along flawlessly, the gears in the transmission could be heard meshing smoothly, the wheel weights and chains allowed my to negotiate to moderate inclines I have here and there without slipping.

Then I remembered all the help I was given here, by dedicated members. There was my transmission rebuild, the bevel gearbox rebuild, the axle replacement, the points plunger job (yes - I still have points), the carburetor tuning.

I credit those here, no names mentioned so I don't leave anyone out, with being able to enjoy using the tractor and doing work efficiently. Yes, I did cheat yesterday, and piled the wet snow in places, knowing I could use my small Massey loader to remove the piles. But the 7010 is much better at plowing. 20 years ago I had neither, and would shovel my 300' long driveway. Bad memories, but healthier days.

Anyway, the point is, old "carpet head" (to keep the carb from freezing) is running great, and I just wanted to give a shout out to the people who make it possible for newbies like me to fix their tractors. Thanks!

1978Simplicity7016H

I too have a 7010. I love it! In fact I just got it out last night. I need to put the tire chains and weight box on it to plow with it successfully. Oh, and yes, it does have a ten horse in it. And yes, I agree that this is very, very resourceful website. There is a lot of nice people here. If you have a question, just ask. These are very reliable tractors. And I'm not just talking about the BGB tractors.