Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

22 vintage chainsaws

Speedy2222

Had quite the chainsaw load tonight, various mix of mcculloch and homelite chainsaws, a david bradley 917.6003 and some poulans. Overall happy with the purchase, only going to wind up keeping a few.

Last picture is my John Deere branded Remington that i have yet to figure out what model it is.

IMAG0093_zpso0mjnn5p.jpg

IMAG0094_zpsg7kwycba.jpg

IMAG0096_zpskb8s1z2d.jpg

johndeerechainsaw.jpg

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

:OSweeeeet! !Nice Pile O Saws! I never met an ol saw I didn't like!dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">I have! Never cared for McCulloch. Spent more time trying to start then cutting.

I still run a Mcculloch Pro 10-10S for just about everything. Loudest saw ever and starting it can be a beast, but I really like it.

Started going through a couple that at first glance i thought i wanted to keep. So far i got the mac10-10 to start and run, the homelite c-5 starts and runs on ether but needs the bad gas out of the tank and the carb cleaned. Theres a couple really big saws in there, mcculloch 380 and 5-10dps just to name a couple. 30"+ bar capability

• 1 month later...

Seems to be a little chainsaw knowledge here.

Are there collectors out there for Remington stuff ???

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Seems to be a little chainsaw knowledge here.Are there collectors out there for Remington stuff ???

id="quote">
id="quote">I don't see alot of Remington stuff around my parts. I am sure that if the saw is in good shape, it would be collectible.

Originally posted by fishnwiz
quote:
id="quote">I don't have a saw, but a good bit of 50 or 60 year old colorful literature. :D

I am not real sure about the paper end of chainsaw collecting but it would not surprise me in the least if it had a market of some type!

IMG_0001_15.jpg

IMG_0001_15.jpg.07590906c67507c2508c07b9c913ca06.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found a REAL SWEEET Holiday Pioneer 1961 chainsaw today while pickn. 20.00 Bucks....started on 3 pull!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg.08eae9f217b6b5a53f0863afe3ef7314.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg.1eaf5aaec6b93c85015bb0491acbd90a.jpg

Very nice saw! can't beat the price either. Still havn't had a chance to figure out what all i have, will have to get on it soon though, weather is starting to get nice enough to be able to use them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • gwiseman
    • PGL
    • andrew68
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts