Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

22 vintage chainsaws

Speedy2222

Had quite the chainsaw load tonight, various mix of mcculloch and homelite chainsaws, a david bradley 917.6003 and some poulans. Overall happy with the purchase, only going to wind up keeping a few.

Last picture is my John Deere branded Remington that i have yet to figure out what model it is.

IMAG0093_zpso0mjnn5p.jpg

IMAG0094_zpsg7kwycba.jpg

IMAG0096_zpskb8s1z2d.jpg

johndeerechainsaw.jpg

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

:OSweeeeet! !Nice Pile O Saws! I never met an ol saw I didn't like!dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">I have! Never cared for McCulloch. Spent more time trying to start then cutting.

I still run a Mcculloch Pro 10-10S for just about everything. Loudest saw ever and starting it can be a beast, but I really like it.

Started going through a couple that at first glance i thought i wanted to keep. So far i got the mac10-10 to start and run, the homelite c-5 starts and runs on ether but needs the bad gas out of the tank and the carb cleaned. Theres a couple really big saws in there, mcculloch 380 and 5-10dps just to name a couple. 30"+ bar capability

• 1 month later...

Seems to be a little chainsaw knowledge here.

Are there collectors out there for Remington stuff ???

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Seems to be a little chainsaw knowledge here.Are there collectors out there for Remington stuff ???

id="quote">
id="quote">I don't see alot of Remington stuff around my parts. I am sure that if the saw is in good shape, it would be collectible.

Originally posted by fishnwiz
quote:
id="quote">I don't have a saw, but a good bit of 50 or 60 year old colorful literature. :D

I am not real sure about the paper end of chainsaw collecting but it would not surprise me in the least if it had a market of some type!

IMG_0001_15.jpg

IMG_0001_15.jpg.07590906c67507c2508c07b9c913ca06.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found a REAL SWEEET Holiday Pioneer 1961 chainsaw today while pickn. 20.00 Bucks....started on 3 pull!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg.08eae9f217b6b5a53f0863afe3ef7314.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg.1eaf5aaec6b93c85015bb0491acbd90a.jpg

Very nice saw! can't beat the price either. Still havn't had a chance to figure out what all i have, will have to get on it soon though, weather is starting to get nice enough to be able to use them.