Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign snowblower replacement

roma3112

Folks

Still running 42, single stage bought originally for my 3112h in 1968 :D. It's been converted to run on my new sovereign, that being said the old girl is tired patched welded and welded over and over. I found a post from 2012 ish where a member (hot rod tractor) was selling 2 stage berco blowers for these things, the post is closed but I was still interested in a 2 stage for my machine.

Was wondering if any of you folks have adapted a 2 stage blower to your sovereign and wouldn't mind sharing pics details on parts ect.

I've been looking on eBay and CL for candidates but nothing ever seems to be remotely near Massachusetts Thanks in advance

John

I had a two-stage on my Prestige and found it too heavy for my liking. Went back to the 46" single stage. Like it very much for my usage. Had a two-stage on the Sunstar and enjoyed it very much.

I have the two stage on my Prestige and it works very well

Except when I drive up to garage door

It always manages to leave a pile there

I was always happy with the 42 on the Sovereign

And think it is a better fit on there than the 2 stage

However if you want to tinker

The Ariens is a good blower to. Adapt to

burntime

are you refering to the 42" Berco blowers?

Also some of you made refrence to using an Ariens blower, exactly what kind of blower are you guys using from ariens. Are we talking removing the front of an old walk behind unit or are you using a unit from an old ariens tractor?

found a fairly local simplicity dealer here in Ma that actually was helpful. He has a 46inch single stage blower that he thinks will fit the 7100 series, I have never heard of a 46inch SS blower for these? The item is NOS and buried in his warehouse Has anybody ever seen or used a 46" blower? The dealer said that they were not that popular and did not sell well. Any words of caution, experience ect? I think he said he would be in the $900 range but i could maybee make a cash deal but we are still talking $$$

Ray

thanks i looked thru the post I will have to keep that in mind, the dealer told me it would fit 7100 series but then again he was trying to clean out the warehouse as well XX(

i checked with another dealer that thinks he has a 42" for a broadmore NOS sun faded ect but he was not sure either if it was still there.

Do any of you folks hace the part # for the snowblower drive pulley ? I only have the parts manual for the tractor itself :( I know I replaced this pulley back 15 years ago when i converted it from the 3112 to the 7100 series because the 3112 had a different size pulley. i its a 7" pulleymeasured across the outside

The thing is warped and has about a 1/2 in warble and dosent spin true anymore. My search for a blower has come up dry so far and the best I can do to dig out is to give this old girl another season, but i want to make sure everything is turning true which right now its not :(

i looked online and all any of the places show is the body and spout groups NOT drive groups?

quote:Originally posted by roma3112

Do any of you folks hace the part # for the snowblower drive pulley ? I only have the parts manual for the tractor itself :( I know I replaced this pulley back 15 years ago when i converted it from the 3112 to the 7100 series because the 3112 had a different size pulley. i its a 7" pulleymeasured across the outside i looked online and all any of the places show is the body and spout groups NOT drive groups?

id="quote">
id="quote">Download the 1690548 blower as that should have the larger pulley.

thanks guys

those # did the trick I was using 1691522 mod# and got nowhere

With your numbers I came up with (2171248SM) $52.0 for the 07.000OD 0.751 Pulley Maybee i can take this thing off and flatten it WOW 52 bucks

The stock 7" RBT drive pulley is Simplicity part #171248 (now 2171248SM); it's very pricey ($52.40 at Jacks). It has a 3/4" dia shaft hole. I've been happy buying pulleys from Phoenix (http://shop.phoenix-mfg.com/).

The pulley is shown on page #91 of the large Sovereign "Attachments and Accessories" parts manual. That manual shows mfg #s 1690547&8 and 1691521&2 parts. The drive pulley is shown in the "Drive Group".

Also, I thought the 3112 tractor was a FDT and a matching snowblower would have had the clutch type hitch and 4 1/2" drive pulley. When I converted a FDT blower to run on the newer tractors, the 7" pulley wouldn't fit in the tunnel. I think about 6" was as large as would fit.

And a newer 42" snowblower with what I'll call the standard tunnel size. It's mfg #1694920. I picked one up and had issues with the new auger bearing and posted about it. It has 4 center paddles rather than 2 as the older models had. Here's a post about it:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=115175&SearchTerms=snow

Thanks for the information!

The local dealer called back and they have a NOS 1691522 blower BUT they want $1,300 I politely told them I would try again this summer when they didnt sell it for a better price. Good luck selling it

We run our 912 allis with a simplicity 42" single stage with a 5.5" farm and barn store cast pulley. We use the long belt off the center pto and have no problem in 8" wet snow or sending it 50' away. I did weld plates on the auger to pick up a nickel but leave a dime and braced and reinforced the blower housing for commercial use and our 16hp 912 with single stage can outrun a Kubota GR1860 with 2 stage blower by 35' in one city block and you can still steer it with the blower up. I really don't see any advantage for a 2 stage conversion over a good single stage.

When you change to the 5 1/2 inch probably did you have to get a shorter bells or are you still running the stock simplicity bells that ran on the 7 inch pulley. I have a Granger is right in my hometown they may have something like that anybody else have any experiences my local NAPA store was completely useless although they were able to get me that a 144 belt

When you change to the 5 1/2 inch probably did you have to get a shorter bells or are you still running the stock simplicity bells that ran on the 7 inch pulley. I have a Granger is right in my hometown they may have something like that anybody else have any experiences my local NAPA store was completely useless although they were able to get me that a 144 belt

I'm running the Napa 144" belt. It's a bit tight at first but after 15 min or so of hard work it's back in the "green" zone. I'm not sold on the Napa belt though, we haven't broke one yet but I put a new belt on every yr and keep a spare real close by.

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

The stock 7" RBT drive pulley is Simplicity part #171248 (now 2171248SM); it's very pricey ($52.40 at Jacks). It has a 3/4" dia shaft hole. I've been happy buying pulleys from Phoenix (http://shop.phoenix-mfg.com/). The pulley is shown on page #91 of the large Sovereign "Attachments and Accessories" parts manual. That manual shows mfg #s 1690547&8 and 1691521&2 parts. The drive pulley is shown in the "Drive Group".Also, I thought the 3112 tractor was a FDT and a matching snowblower would have had the clutch type hitch and 4 1/2" drive pulley. When I converted a FDT blower to run on the newer tractors, the 7" pulley wouldn't fit in the tunnel. I think about 6" was as large as would fit. And a newer 42" snowblower with what I'll call the standard tunnel size. It's mfg #1694920. I picked one up and had issues with the new auger bearing and posted about it. It has 4 center paddles rather than 2 as the older models had. Here's a post about it:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=115175&SearchTerms=snow

id="quote">
id="quote">Dan,Where can I find a copy of this manual. Is it available for download?ThanksAl

Originally posted by lobsta1
quote:
id="quote">Here is the manual in the link below.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEDGP_byN1tG_Exj7mRgtLvBCd6.pdf