Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Johnrenk

fix snow blade simple 2010

Johnrenk

Not an exciting job but one that is worthy for a Simple 2010. Gather some extra material 3/16X1 1/2" Flip the worn blade on top clamp to blade above replace all bolts. Prepared material for welding. Again try a stich weld. I don't know what happened to some of the pics, do not see them in preview.

blade 3 (1).jpg

Weld seam. Would suggest using a stich weld to avoid distortion. The welding torch might look odd, I use flux core in the mig most of welding is outside, flux core you don't have to worry the wind blowing the inert gas away. Also do not need the ceramic cup.

blade 1.jpg

After welding I use a needle gun long needles, (saw an article here on needle guns ) long needles get into tight corners better, (bought Harbor Fright) zipp over the weld couple times and finished very easy.

blade 3 (2).jpg

Last picture smoothed the weld flush (not necessary) did it anyway. Finally use your favorite paint to finish and protect from rusting.

blade 4.jpg

Side note: also welded the back side, this you may have to smooth down to set flat , put in new bolts and now have plenty of skid adjustment. Was it worth it? To me yes, had the material, tools, and the time. Good luck and fix it don't throw away.

57e059f38cf08_blade3(1).jpg.cd77e6c1b2c94c9f28c6df19bba72e14.jpg

57e059f39806d_blade1.jpg.7c0936b85aaa9d0928c48f5fce278a4f.jpg

57e059f3a202f_blade3(2).jpg.72b5e7c44c759ba451db0307bffa15ae.jpg

57e059f433adb_blade4.jpg.3212becdfa085eb3b71c63d4d2da6ebe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• tamurmueen
    • Rapha
    • ParkerBarker
    • dragman64
    • Rvcjacobsen
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Carchief
      Carchief
      (57 years old)
    2. Geoff
      Geoff
      (56 years old)
    3. mohrds
      mohrds
      (51 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 2 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts