Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower belt?

mruta

Hi everyone,

We got about 19" of snow in the last 24 hours and I finally decided to try out the snowblower on my B-112.

Anyway, after I sorted out some problems with the tractor itself, the snowblower worked great until something got caught in the auger and burned the belt up.

Can anyone help me with a part number for a replacement belt? I tried a search on here but only found a couple threads and I both were for a very long belt. The belt I am looking for is driven by the crankshaft pulley, goes down to 2 idler pulleys and then a driven pulley. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Old number is 106769. I've found a genuine Simplicity belt last's the longest. I had a new aftermarket belt on my 2110, it lasted 3 driveways, before it snapped.

Thanks for the input, fellas. Seeing that I forgot to pay for membership until today, I didn't see the sticky until rokons post. I saw some people post that they had good luck with the "4L" belts from NAPA. As much as I'd like to try the Simplicity belt, NAPA will have it tomorrow morning, and they are about 4 blocks away. The closest Simplicity dealer is 15 miles away and I can't get anyone on the phone.

Thanks again!

quote:Originally posted by mruta

Thanks for the input, fellas. Seeing that I forgot to pay for membership until today, I didn't see the sticky until rokons post. I saw some people post that they had good luck with the "4L" belts from NAPA. As much as I'd like to try the Simplicity belt, NAPA will have it tomorrow morning, and they are about 4 blocks away. The closest Simplicity dealer is 15 miles away and I can't get anyone on the phone. Thanks again!

id="quote">
id="quote">In the exact same boat as you with my 3012 & the 42" blower & no nearby Simplicity dealer. Had excellent luck with the Napa belt after switching to 55" 4L belt.Al

Thanks for the input, guys.

After thinking about Kent's comment, I decided to call the next closest Simplicity dealer to order a belt. That was another unpleasant experience. Like pulling teeth.

Any suggestions for a source online? Possibly a site sponsor?

I'd rather buy a cheaper (even if inferior) belt from my local NAPA who appreciates my business, than support a dealer system that doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

Thanks again!

One of the problems with using the aftermarket belt, is that the belt in general is a PITA to replace. I've looked at replacing it with the blower on the tractor, but always resort to pulling the blower off. Usually 45 minutes to an hour later, I'm ready to go.

I've used NAPA belts before in this application, some were great, some lasted about an hour. No way to tell which one I was getting.

I've had good luck with the green NAPA belts. I use a 4L550W for the blower on my 2012. I try to keep 2 spares, as when something goes bad, you can smoke them in about 30 seconds.

I can tell you that a Gates belt will last about an hour and a half. Punched into a fluffy drift and she just snapped in half. Guess I'll spring for the Simplicity next time. I think they did too much turning in too small of an area on the old single belt FDT blowers.

B110guy