Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

67 Landlord 2010 Carb Issues

Auto_Guy

I just got a 67 landlord 2010 with the original engine. I ran decent over the weekend while plowing. I jump on it today to do some more plowing. It ran kinda crappy for a minute or so an now wont run.

Now i can spray starting juice in the carb an it will run. Drained the tank an put fresh gas in. Still wont run. Soon as i use starting fluid it runs. I disconnected the fuel line from the carb an fuel comes out of the line.

I took the carb off, cleaned it up a little. It does look like someone has rebuilt it recently. I am really at a lose with it. Any ideas?

Sounds like a fuel supply issue to me. Might be a clogged passage in carb (main jet) or a clogged tank spicket. Disconnect fuel hose from carb and check for good fuel flow.

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Sounds like a fuel supply issue to me. Might be a clogged passage in carb (main jet) or a clogged tank spicket. Disconnect fuel hose from carb and check for good fuel flow.

id="quote">
id="quote">It has good flow. Anyone know of a carb i can just buy an bolt on. I really dont know what in the world im doing when it comes to taking a carb apart. Ive never been able to do it.

Did you fill the fuel tank all the way full. Sometimes these older Landlords won't run right without having the tank more than half full. The fuel tank isn't high enough above the carb to get a good flow unless it's over half full. Keep the fuel hose as straight as possible. Don't have it loop way down below the carb.

quote:Originally posted by Auto_Guy

It has good flow. Anyone know of a carb i can just buy an bolt on. I really dont know what in the world im doing when it comes to taking a carb apart. Ive never been able to do it.

id="quote">
id="quote">

There isn't a carb you can just "bolt on" and work. Your best bet is to try to disassemble it your self or take it to a local small engine shop and have it serviced.

Here is a link to simplicity's dealer locator. Enter your zip code and it will show you a dealer near you. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/support/dealer-locator