Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbaker33

Simplicity Headlights

mbaker33

Hello all,

I'm new to the Simplicity world with a 7116 handed down from my father after he got a AC 917. I love the thing so far, but have a single headlight that seems to be blown. In researching, I found that the 4411 lamp is the replacement, but I also found there are three different variations of that bulb (4411, 4411-1 and 4411-3) on the market. The only difference I can find is in the vertical beam spread. The 4411 and 4411-1 seem to have the same spread 300 - 10% and the 4411-3 is much different at 20 - 10%.

Now, I don't really know what that tells me exactly, but I'm trying to make sure I get the right part the first time, rather than having to return it to get something different.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

mbaker33
quote:Originally posted by BLT

Welcome to the club.Did you check out the questionable bulb with a battery? They are prone to loose grounds.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, I did verify that the bulb actually is bad. Even if it isn't they are in desperate need of replacement anyway. I ordered 2 4411-3 bulbs from Amazon knowing I could easily return them if necessary. I will report back once I see how they look. I haven't looked yet, but I assume they are pretty easy to pop in and out? I ordered only the bulb, so the part that secures them to the tractor is hopefully removable.Thanks again for the follow up.Mark

mbaker33

Just for the record, the 4411-3 lights came last night and they are definitely the ones to get. Nice a bright, and they have the slip on connections as well as screw terminals, so no wires need to be cut or ends replaced. I had a hard time verifying this, so I hope it helps someone out, some day.