Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TimReed

Hi-Pro Key for snow thrower

TimReed

Hi:

On the single belt snow thrower there is a Hi-Pro Key, part number

2025490. This part number comes up as NLA on every site I can find and there is no description of it.

Does anybody know the dimensions or size of the Hi-Pro Key?

If I can get that, I can find a replacement key.

Thanks

Tim Reed

Chris727

That is the old AC "202" part number. In order to cross an AC number to Simplicity you must add a number 7 as a prefix to the part number. It would now be "72025490". It was something done when Duetz came along. The Simplicity number is 2151040sm. Hi Pro keys are not readily available through generic sources.

TimReed

Gentlemen:

Thank you all for your assistance.

It never ceases to amaze me how effectively the combined knowledge and experience of the members here substitutes for the lack of clear and complete manuals.

We did a complete tear down of this tractor and blower. Since we took her out of the molasses and repainted her we have run into a number of small snags putting her back together.

The members of this club have been outstanding with assistance each time.

My grandsons 11 and 13 years old have learned to wrench, torque, bend sheet metal, clean, oil, grease, spay paint, weld and fabricate during this project.

I was determined that they should know something beyond their ipads, but I have to admit that they have used their ipads very effectively to learn a lot on this site about how things work, including magneto theory!

Thank you one and all

Tim Reed