Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

help to identify

TimJr

I have another part that I know what it does, but not sure which machine and which part number. I know it is the winter carb shield for a single cylinder vertical Briggs. Seems like there are variations to this heat shield. Are all the holes for different carbs? Seems like there is a version for the 717 Broadmoor that only has holes that fit that particular carb. Is this a later one that would also fit something like a 5010 Broadmoor? Did tractors like 4211 or 5100/5200 single cylinders still use these?I am guessing the forward end of this one is a little bent, right? Should be a good square corner? Thanks, Tim

1023875Small.JPG

1023876Small.JPG

1023875Small.JPG.8fe518a5950845db3de275a7d7cb346e.JPG

1023876Small.JPG.ab7b9f55240e04c3bad33a8b7c47c955.JPG

SmilinSam

Never actually had one of those shields, but just from the shape I'd say its for the 8-10 hp single L heads like on 728, 738 Broadmoors, Yeomans and similar stuff up through the 5008 & 5010...just as a guess.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Paul M.Murphy
    • RayS
    • Brettw
    • lt-scir
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Big 10
      Big 10
      (71 years old)
    2. cowfan
      cowfan
      (51 years old)
    3. dynodave
      dynodave
      (71 years old)
    4. WaylandLegacy
      WaylandLegacy
      (44 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 2 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts