Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RBT snow cab on a FDT?

ridgerunner

Anyone ever mount a RBT cab on a B-series (BigTen) type tractor? I have a nice condition complete orange cab & doors with the fiberglass top and all the frame work, for what I believe came off a RBT just sitting here in the barn. Thought I might put it to use. What modifications would this install require?

I went the other way (FDT cab to a RBT) and did exactly like Noly recommends. In my case, I put it together and with the aid of some welding vise-grip style clamps and cardboard to protect paint, got it all mocked up before figuring out where to drill and bolt. I used plastic spacers from the hardware stores bins-o-goodies by the nuts and bolts to keep metal from contacting metal where it wasn't a great fit, like on the seat pan. I wasn't able to use the dash brace, unfortunately.

That being said, where are you located? Want to figure out a trade on a FDT cab for your RBT cab?

quote:Originally posted by rich_kildow

That being said, where are you located? Want to figure out a trade on a FDT cab for your RBT cab?

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm located across the big lake from you, in Holland, right on the lakeshore. If we could work something out, I'd possibly be up for a swap.