Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

Had just about enough...

rokon2813

Plowed about 8" this morning, you can't see it well in the pics, but I'll be doing it again tonight.

The darkness in the pics is not gloom or fog, it's snowing that hard. :o

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

:D:D Hey Dan. Your driveway is plugged again. Go out and thank that nice plow operator in your pic!!!}:)}:)

id="quote">
id="quote">LOL, Nah, these guys are pretty good.Town is so small there are only a half dozen or so guys plowing. Know most of them.During the day, they keep it clean enough that they will only dump a couple inches, and he's going fast enough to spread it out.The town buildings are on this road, so they go back and forth for salt several times a day.And, one of them has a son that lives next door to me so they be a little gentle when they can. :DMind you, if we got a foot during the night, it will ALL be in the driveway before the school bus comes. }:)

gwiseman

Wow Dan, you fellows are getting hammered with snow. Here in central MO, I walked by my tractor and blade last night thinking it may not leave the house this winter. I think I like looking at snow rather than getting it though. I echo: nice pictures.

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Kwitcherwhinin'. What's 5 or 6 feet of snow amongst friends? }:):D

id="quote">
id="quote">You are right, nothing among friends, so when are you coming to take care of your portion????? 8D8D

PhanDad

I'll take some of anyone's snow.

Been threatened here in the Phila area a couple times, but the heavy stuff all went north.

We've gotten mostly rain or ice. Heaviest snow was about 4" when they predicted 12 to 18 inches. Other than that, only 1 other plowable snow.

I guess I shouldn't complain; I sure wouldn't want to be in NE!

Talntedmrgreen

Been pretty quaint here. Had an early winter with nearly 4 feet before Thanksgiving, then a record dry December. January was cold, but little snow. We got 20" in a single day about a week and a half ago, but I forgot what that was even like!

The story now will just be the cold. The weather service quote I just read...

"THE MAIN FOCUS DURING THE EXTENDED PERIOD IS SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING. IT`S GOING TO BE COLD. REALLY COLD. NOT QUITE ALASKA COLD, BUT A NOD IN THAT DIRECTION. THE RESULT IS LOW TEMPS IN THE -10 TO -15 RANGE. NNE WINDS AROUND 10 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WILL RESULT IN WIND CHILLS -25 TO -35."

Sign in to follow this