Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

300 series question

rokon2813

Pretty sure its not. All the ones I have had have a long pto side shaft with a long keyway and a threaded end, like the ones used on the 3300/3400 series. All the ones I have had though have been from hydro tractors not the vari drives.

The 310 was never offered as a hydro. These tractors had variable drive like a b-212. The 300s also had the larger diameter input shaft like the other RBTs. Yokes could be swapped to make a B-series variable replace the 300 variable.

Sam is correct regarding the keyed output shaft but since 300s never used the mid PTO except to operate rear implements with their own clutches the threaded stud and s snap ring groove are unneeded. They were likely just using a 3400 series shaft (cone clutch-equipped machine).

Should have also said the ones I had were from 312's & 314's.

Like Chris said, just swap yokes.... and if the extra length on the pto side is a problem you could just cut the extra off.

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

Should have also said the ones I had were from 312's & 314's.Like Chris said, just swap yokes.... and if the extra length on the pto side is a problem you could just cut the extra off.

id="quote">
id="quote">Won't be anything to cut, going the other way ;)Have a customer needing a bgb for his 310, and I have the B series.Trying to get a manufacturer number from him, he swears its a 310 hydro, and I've found a couple other references to one. I'd like a manu. number to prove to us there was a 310H or to them that there wasn't.Maybe all it will amount to is he has a 310 hood on a 312 or 314.I did find a part number for a cross shaft for a hydro in a parts list for a 1600044 (probably just a generic drawing)2027040 SHAFT, Driven (Used With Variable Speed Drive) 2025572 SHAFT, Drive (Used With Hydrostatic Drive)

The parts manual covers all of the 300 series models in one book. There was a 3410H but I have never seen an AC 10 hp hydro nor any references to it in the sales, service, or parts literature.