Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Decks

DoubleT

Has anyone got a good picture or drawing of the height adjusting mechansim for the mower on a AC312H Mine seems to be scalping and I think it has been modified befor I got it. It even looks similar to the deck on the B series. Just so I have an idea of what it is suppose to be. Any help would be muchly apprecited. You can e-mail it to me at
dean_arnold@bc.sympatico.ca
thnks dean

Dean, I will email you a picture of the adjusters. If the deck still has the full width rollers it should not scalp your yard. There is also center rollers under the deck on the center baffle. This center baffle and rollers are sometimes missing off old decks. This normally will not cause scalping however if all the full width rollers are there. Check to see that all the blades are the same distants from the ground. Tim

Thanks for the photos Tim, they answered some questions. The rollers are gone(other than the one under the deck) and someone has welded on a bar with 2 wheels on to the back of the adjuster slides. It works and now I now what was there, I can modify a little more to take care of the problem. Thnks for all the help.