Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tomwendt

weedcutter

BLT

Anything is possible, but I think tractor is wider then the cutter.

Here is the product number, 990370.

From what I can see other then width is the ability to keep the belt on at speed and belt clearance in the front like the snow blower has.

SmilinSam

Your charging system is not keeping up. Either the system is too small for an electric clutch or the regulator is bad.

I think you need at least a 15amp system to run an electric clutch without dragging the battery down.

I had one of those weedcutter running on a 7114 with a electric clutch on the front. Had a 15 amp system and it worked fine.

GrincheyOne

The drawback with the weed cutter drive, is the off center drive pulley, which is parallel to the ground, and covered to boot. The two pulley hitch, although it almost looks like a snow throwers but the pivots for the idlers are angled to accommodate the offset.

Wayne

drbrian722

For a RBT a modified two pulley snow thrower hitch will work for a front PTO. An un-modded one will work as well, but it rides the belt at a slightly off angle and the belt will wear out prematurely. A donor hitch got cut and welded at the right angles for one of mine to keep on the 3416.

Just from memory I'm not sure the mid-pto would work well as when the cutter is raised the belt would probably hit the frame pretty fast. My recollection is that it raises fairly aggressively from the hitch.