Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New toy, longest drive

isetta

Ok, don't laugh guys, it was a great deal..... but it will be the longest tractor getter road trip ever for me. Michigan to Northern California and back :(. The price was so good and have been looking for a tiller, the rest is just bonus :)

00R0R_c35g2IcG6PN_600x450.jpg

00h0h_2ZjuGS58OqV_600x450.jpg

00c0c_cdc3QWsOuCI_600x450.jpg

00R0R_c35g2IcG6PN_600x450.jpg.092570555ea8112b94705c8944de6802.jpg

00h0h_2ZjuGS58OqV_600x450.jpg.17ce712b4339171363ebaa8c197e7cde.jpg

00c0c_cdc3QWsOuCI_600x450.jpg.693ebcc28b85a86c0088a1f884e92445.jpg

That's some serious tractor fever!...And to think I was tired out driving 8hrs round trip on my last tractor hunting trip!:I

Yup..

That likely beats Kents trip here and back from MA to get the 2012 with the loader some years back...

But reinforces the idea that loader tractors are worth driving for...

Looks like about 2200 miles.....one way sm00 Brother in law and I have had alot of fun doing a couple cross country trips, as long as we can find some interesting things to see and do along the way. Am waiting til the weather gets a little better to dig my trailer out of the snow bank behind the garage.

Sounds like a great road trip. I have always wanted to travel out Route 66 to the southwest in a classic car or truck.

Well, I went 1800 mile round trip a couple years ago for my 620, and didn't even get a loader. The loader and tiller make a long road trip definately worth while! Great job.

Hi Chris, well me too but my wife's minivan probably won't qualify as a classic :) I use her Toyota Sienna becuase it has a transmission cooler and can maually shift out of overdrive when I need to.

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Sounds like a great road trip. I have always wanted to travel out Route 66 to the southwest in a classic car or truck.

id="quote">
id="quote">

I once went about 1500 miles round trip for a Trans Am(4-speed) as a parts car for my Formula (automatic). My brother and I drove straight thru about 22 hours towing a trailer. I sometimes regret going that far for a parts car ONLY because once I got it back home I realized it is a very solid car and now want to restore it also....:D8Dsm00

Dan

Peppy, it can get pretty crazy. I have found many times the stuff I pick up to use as parts to fix what I have now is better than what I have. And then I keep it all........and I'm out of room sm02

quote:Originally posted by PeppyDan

I once went about 1500 miles round trip for a Trans Am(4-speed) as a parts car for my Formula (automatic). My brother and I drove straight thru about 22 hours towing a trailer. I sometimes regret going that far for a parts car ONLY because once I got it back home I realized it is a very solid car and now want to restore it also....:D8Dsm00Dan

id="quote">
id="quote">I did a similar trip 25 years ago to pick up a 65 tbrid convertible but it was only 15hrs one way!! It was a trip I will never forget !

quote:Originally posted by isetta

Peppy, it can get pretty crazy. I have found many times the stuff I pick up to use as parts to fix what I have now is better than what I have. And then I keep it all........and I'm out of room sm02

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm about outta room too:ICDan

• 2 weeks later...

Great score!!!

But way too far for me...unless it is a great price. My "Cheapness" can trump my hate of driving long distances sm01

500 bucks!!! but by the time it's back here more like 1200 bucks.... I still like it for that price

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Great score!!! But way too far for me...unless it is a great price. My "Cheapness" can trump my hate of driving long distances sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">

Originally posted by isetta

500 bucks!!! but by the time it's back here more like 1200 bucks.... I still like it for that price

quote:
id="quote">For that price, I'd have gone in a minute if I had your towing setup (which I don'tsm06).

Hey Dave, well that pic is his trailer.... My rig is a decked over boat trailer and a minivan! B) Rebuilt the trailer springs bushings bearings and new tires. I did get lucky this time and found a guy who is making the trip from CA to MI and has room on his trailer so I avoided the big drive. gotta wait til May to get it though. This pic is another 620 I dragged home from Oklahoma.

blockquote id="quote">For that price, Iid="quote">id="quote">

/club2/attach/isetta/AC72001.jpg' alt='AC72001.jpg'>

• Who's Online (See full list)

• bkassulke
    • tadams
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts