Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B112_son

Finally.....SNOW

B112_son

I couldn't get any pics but I just got done plowing 6" with my new snow set up. I upgraded to a 46" plow, AGS, and wheel weights and this was the first snow I had to play in. I had 42" plow and loaded turfs I ran before. I know most of you know this but wow the 46" is heavy compared to the 42". And even with wheel weights I didn't have enough traction until I put chains on. But in the end being able to angle from the seat was all worth it.

Chris727

Sounds like you had some fun there. We had no snow to speak of this season until last night. We were supposed to get 2" but ended up with 8" +. Of course the mower deck was still on and the tractor was buried in snow. I just drove the Escape over the snow and while I was at work Dad used the walk-behind blower to clear the drive. I had found when I was using my B-110 that I preferred the 42" blade. I had much less trouble with traction and steering was easier.

GrincheyOne

Yeah Chris,

I know that blade weighs in at about 84 lbs. Plus when You angle it fully, the front wheels (without weights), will tend to slide. "ribs" or

Ags on the front might also help.

W