Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

and god created ohio

yukon

And God Created Ohio!

On the sixth day, God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said, "Today I am going to create an area of land called Ohio.

It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall hills and rolling plains full of game and eagles, beautiful

sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and streams full of trout, forests full of deer and turkeys, Valleys with fertile soil with an

abundance of nutrients to grow things, and rivers teaming with fish." God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources

so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Ohioans and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Ohioans?"

"Not really," replied God. "Just wait and see the winters I am going to give them!"

I'm from Maine, transplanted to the Niagara Falls area. For the first time in 6 years there's been and extended stretch of below zero temps.

You'd think the sky was falling.

They just don't know how lucky they are down here in the tropics.

quote:Originally posted by yukon

And God Created Ohio!On the sixth day, God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said, "Today I am going to create an area of land called Ohio.It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall hills and rolling plains full of game and eagles, beautifulsparkling lakes bountiful with bass and streams full of trout, forests full of deer and turkeys, Valleys with fertile soil with anabundance of nutrients to grow things, and rivers teaming with fish." God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resourcesso as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Ohioans and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth." "But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Ohioans?" "Not really," replied God. "Just wait and see the winters I am going to give them!"

id="quote">
id="quote">God needed to do something to keep EVERYONE from wanting to live in Ohio8DDan

I cant say anything bad about OH....too mqny great tractor deals down there!

Edit: ...and they have us the UP!

We were just in the Hocking Hills area a week ago. 54 degrees Sunday, 20 degrees Monday. Beautiful area though. I second Mr Green on the deals too, lots of tractors there.

We were just in Hocking Hills last weekend! You're right...it's a beautiful area. We've been going there a couple of times each year, for the past 15 years.