Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord or Prestige

gigabyte01

I'm looking at upgrading from a sovereign to a landlord or prestige. The landlord is a 2000 model with power steering, 50 inch deck, 42 inch snow blower with around 1100 hours. The prestige is and 06 with power steering, 50 inch deck and a leaf vac and has around 400 hours. Both have hydraulic lift and diff lock. The asking price of the landlord is 2300, the asking price of the prestige is 2400. Are either of these worth that kind of cash and if so which one would you choose? I will need a blower for the prestige later on down the road.

I like my Prestige

But it seems they are about equal

I would look at condition of each

Tires battery lights seat belt

And take better one

James

I have an '02 Conquest 16-44 and love it. Wish it had pwr steering. IMO the Landlords of that era were a toughe built. However, in your comparison with low hours and a bagger system, unless the Prestige is really banged up or mistreated, it would be my choice. In WI you can likely find a snow blower easy enough.

The landlord and prestige are both 1 owner machines. The landlord was taken into a shop to have a few things fixed,I was told it needed a new steering shaft and a couple of other items,that work has all been done. The prestige was traded in because the person that owned it purchased a snow blower and had a difficult time keeping the belt on, so he/she returned the blower setup to the dealer and traded in the tractor for something else, I assume it was operator error. Both machines look to be in fine shape, the thing I'm concerned about is the prestige sub frame for the blower. I'm hoping to use the blower head off of the sovereign and hopefully rework the cab frame to fit either of these tractors.

Landlord package seems just a bit high to me.

Prestige would be a better and more comfortable tractor to operate in my opinion. Its price is more in the ball park. At auction, I doubt either package would bring those figures in an auction setting though . Here in the auction circuit the Prestige would probably fetch around $1800-$2000. Seen those sell and that's about where they top out.

The Landlord in the local auctions here would stop around $1500 at best, if it got that high. Last year(spring) a 07 Broadmoor with a 50" deck got bid to just under $800.

As to the Soveriegn blower head on the prestige, here are the items you need to do that from an old posting I made.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=35635&SearchTerms=conquest,kit

quote:Here are the kits from Simplicity I bought to convert a Soveriegn Snowblower to use on a Prestige/ConQuest.

Snowblower Hitch assembly for Landlord/1700/2700 series MFG # 1693500

Kit to convert from Landlord Hitch to Prestige/ConQuest hitch MFG # 1686886

id="quote">
id="quote">

The Landlord has the Heel-toe foot control. Its not my favorite. I believe the Prestige might have a twin-touch type pedal system like the higher-end JDs. If so, I find that system is more comfortable to operated.

Prestiges do have the 2 pedal side by side foot control. Way better than the toe heel setup.

On the kits above I mentioned, it would be more cost effective if you found a used landlord blower hitch. You can usually foind used ones for under $100.

Between the hitch and the upfit kit, I think I paid near $400 for the 2 items new, 10 years ago. I imagine you would have to order the upfit kit new from a dealer..if they are still available.