Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 416 Snowblower help

volensaeros

quote:Originally posted by volensaeros

Bob,Can you find Adapter 1685015? you pulled up xxxxxxx85.

id="quote">
id="quote">Sorry can't find 1685015 . It must be a part not connected to any kit. Chris, anyone can get what I did. I can't walk on water unless it is 12" thick.:D

I may be way off here, but I thought an Allis 300/400 Series tractors needed a "sub frame" something like today's tractors do. The "standard" large frame hitches don't work. The blower head is OK, just not the hitch. Different like the Allis built Homelite's of the same era, very different hitch:

Sams_Hitch.jpg

(SmilinSam's pic)

Sams_Hitch.jpg.ab1b06a212b088934a685df7ae9b1875.jpg

I thought, and looking at figure 4 and 6 in Bob's link above, the idlers hitch and all were integral parts on the 400 series. I don't think there is a separate "hitch". It looks like all included in the "tunnel" and pivots to lift at the tractor attaching point.This hitch you have pictured is for the RBT's 3400 thru 7000 with front pto. I don't think it works on the 400 series.

IMG_4378_zpsf1c1eeab.jpg

IMG_4378_zpsf1c1eeab.jpg.219a38c6348848f99ac4e93699944498.jpg

The 300 series uses a hitch that runs under the tractor, on the 400 series the mule drive comes off the tractor and the blower mounts in its place. the belt goes on the engine pulley under the idlers on the blower to the driven pulley on the blower

I understand there is a hitch, has to be. But I don't see any bolts or pins in that "hitch" holding it to the tunnel. To me it appears welded to the tunnel of the blower.

Having never seen one in person, the pictures are all I can see.

i Think you are looking for a blower that shows the sides that are on page 10 fig#8 in the photo of the last manuel blt sent u. the hitch is part of the blower itself as i see it. u have the hitch pieces to fab up a blower to fit just a thought.

I can't see pictures at work, but I know on mine there is nothing seperate from the blower. There's two pins that mount it on the front of the tractor and a lift rod. The "hitch" is part of the housing