Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lowest so far

huffy

Woke up this morning to this. Coldest morning we've had so far, and it made the motor a bit lethargic. I know some of you guys in Minnesota and other states often get worse than this. What's the lowest temp you've seen so far this winter?

-27.jpg

-27.jpg.f0b0f57393a0acce750b814831fd83b9.jpg

-35 was the coldest I saw last year. We had -25 a couple mornings ago. The weather man is saying tomorrow night might beat it.

It gets even worse when the wind picks up.

The 2210 always seems to start though!

We had some -6 and-7 the last week, eating up the wood supply like a hungry horse. NWS says it's -2 currently. My measure says it's 3 on the front porch, where it was 0 while i struggled to get the generator to start, durng the 4th power interrupt this week.

Heating oil just went up 53 cents a gallon.sm02sm02sm028

Last night, Rochester NY officially broke the record cold temperature of -5 held since 1899, and tied the record low of -9 this morning also since 1899.

Our current average temperature for the month of February is about 12.5, on point to beat the all time ever recorded average of about 13.5.

Add to that, working on third highest recorded snow fall for the month. Currently 4th.

On the bright side, Next February PROBABLY won't be this bad. :D:D:D

Local school district also decided to implement a 2 hour delay.

Never used it before, and today marks the second time using it, for wind chills below -15.

School was closed yesterday for wind chills, off last week for "winter break" and the Friday before break was the first time they used the 2 hour delay.

Our minus single digits might not compare to some of your -20's and -30's, but they sure are making an impact around here.

BTW, my mother in law says this miserable weather goes in 10 year cycles, we have 8 more years of this.

First time in 19 years, I don't like my mother in law.:o:O:O

Read an article last night that scientifically nixed the money making ruse of "Global Warming". Proving that it is really "Global Cooling".

W sm02

Well the old thermometer went down to +36 today! maybe I should turn it right side up! LOL NOT KIDDING about the temp though!dOd

quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Well the old thermometer went down to +36 today! maybe I should turn it right side up! LOL NOT KIDDING about the temp though!dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">ANOTHER INCH OF SNOW, PROMISED BY THE "TALKING SUITS"

From our local on line paper;

February goes in record books for coldest month ever

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 1 March 2015

It’s never been colder in Western New York for an entire month than February 2015, according to National Weather Service.

Buffalo averaged a temperature of 10.9 degrees and never once went above freezing. That average temperature broke the previous record-low of 11.6 degrees in February 1934, according to the National Weather Service.

Rochester was a little it warmer but the 12.2-average temperature was below the previous record of 12.6 degrees also set in February 1934.

Watertown also broke its record for coldest month ever. It averaged 6.1 degrees for February, colder than the 6.4 degree-average in December 1989.

The first day of March should hit a high of 28 today with 22 degrees tonight, according to the Weather Service.

Monday is forecast for a high of 25 and a low of 4, followed by a high of 30 on Tuesday and a high of 34 on Wednesday.

However, the Weather Service warns of hazardous weather for Orleans and western and central New York due to a wintry mix of sleet and feeezing rain expected Tuesday.

“The period of rain Tuesday night ay result in minor flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas, especially where snow has blocked storm drains,” according to the Weather Service.

This is the 3rd coldest February on record since 1901 in the Northeast PA area where I live. I think they said the average temp was 15 or 17 degrees for Feb. The coldest was in 1934 & 2nd place was 1978 or 1979.