Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbaker33

Simplicity 7116 Spitting Oil Out the Side

mbaker33

Hey Guys,

I have a Simplicity 7116 which I recently acquired from my father. It is spitting oil out the left side (when sitting on it) at all different RPMs. I had over filled it a week or so ago, and ran it a for roughly 5-6 hours before I really realized it and had a chance to drain it. Today I drained it completely and filled it just to the right mark and it is still doing the same thing. I tried finding where it is coming from, but I couldn't pin point it.

I'm curious, is this a common issue, or is something completely screwed? I ran it for about an hour today after the oil change and it was still doing it, so it doesn't seem like it was an issue with the over fill. Also, the oil coming out went from dark to light, which implies that it is fresh oil being spilled out the side.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mark

Chris727

Assuming this is the engine oil, does it appear to be coming out in a pressurized spray or is it just a drip from a single location? The breather could be plugged and oil could be coming out of the carburetor but the tractor shouldn't be running well if that was the case.

mbaker33

Thanks for the quick responses guys. The engine is running fine, it does smoke a bit more than I remember it smoking before. But I've only had it a couple of months.

It was over filled by about a pint, but I don't recall.

Also, it's more than just a drip, it has speckled the wall next to the tractor which is about 2-3 feet away.

I will see if I can locate the breather hose. How would I check to see if it is clogged, and if it is, how would I clear it?

MikeES

Left side...maybe a cracked or loose fuel pump.

Or like stated above a problem with the breather. Missing hose to air cleaner, loose cover.

Loose/cracked/missing cam gear cover.

Start the tractor and stand next to it with a clean sheet of paper should quickly find the source.