Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ZippoVarga

Got three Flats!!!!

ZippoVarga

Flat Hoods that is! Seems they're growing on me here. I've been a diehard round hood FDT guy for so long and even though I've had a few flat hood FDTs over the years, I always seem to let them go. Well....In September, Skot71 contacted me about a Craigslist add and low and behold....it was a 3210V in incredible shape. Not being the type to let a good deal pass me by, I nabbed it up. Soon after, I re-acquired my old 3212V Sovereign that I had restored and gave to my Brother back in 2007 making it Flat hood #2. Then....Sir Nathan Gale paid me a visit and left behind Goldilocks, an HB212. So, here I am...Three flat hoods in the Fleet and they're growing on me! Yes, they're boxy and don't have the character that the earlier round hood tractors have....but I'm hooked. Here's a peek at them and now I'm on the hunt for an HB112 to complete the set. Sure...the Fleet is growing, but I still maintain that I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! lol A little eye candy for the masses.

HB212.jpg

3200s.jpg

A Hydro Lift is due to get installed into the HB, but even without it, she's a beast at moving the heavy snow where ever it needs to go. Thanks for stopping by and Sorry it's been such a LONG time since I've posted!! Cheers!! Zip

HB212.jpg.6ff7c61b94f0568b56220b7eb12bda9d.jpg

3200s.jpg.4046ae26d510d5898d8f27c8d9d561ab.jpg

fishnwiz

Zip...If you say you don't have a problem. ..who am I to question you??sm00

I am sure nobody else here has a similar problem that you have.

That is one nice looking flat hood problem that you have there!;)

Chris727

That is one nice looking HB. Very clean. The B-100 and B-200's had the best chrome grille and trim IMO. I am more of a flathood guy, more specifically the B-100 style with the raised scoop on the hood.

ZippoVarga

I've got the makings of a B100 series with a good hood, dash, tower, seat pan and side covers....Just need a good donor flat hood for the build. Sure...it'll be a clone (or not), but when it's on your wish list, you make due with what you have right? lol

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RustyZipper
    • Talntedmrgreen
    • PhanDad
    • Chris727
    • Paul M.Murphy
    • NateShedivy
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Carchief
      Carchief
      (57 years old)
    2. Geoff
      Geoff
      (56 years old)
    3. mohrds
      mohrds
      (51 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 2 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts