Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Interesting, my parts get around....

rokon2813

Short cute story....

First, my ebay policy is no returns. There are exceptions, depending on the reason.

I sold a NOS part to a customer in Utah a couple weeks ago.

No correspondence from buyer.

Got a return request from EBAY, says wrong size or won't fit, buyer to pay shipping.

OK, I accepted it.

Sent buyer a message, no response.

Got message from EBAY, item shipped.

Today, I was wondering where the part was, not here yet.

Checked the tracking, and it says MISSENT now departing sort facility in Hawaii.

So I'm guessing it's on its way back to Utah ?? to then be sent back to New York ??

I was trying to figure out how this could be some kind of scam, but since I have the purchase money and don't need to refund it till I get my part, and the buyer is paying return shipping, I don't see any way it could be......

BTW, total cost including shipping was $15 LOL

Hawaii, Now that's a good one:O Seems the USPS has been having troubles lately. I bought some brochures a few weeks ago. They were in Western Ohio headed for MO. For some reason they sent them a whole state Eastward to West Virginia. Then sent them to Indianapolis for sorting where they arrived and departed from Indianapolis three times in three days before finally heading to St. Louissm00 I have had several packages that arrived but were never scanned and didn't show as delivered in the system.

The postal system on a whole has been degraded the past 2 months with little to no notice to the general public. Overnight delivery as we know it is a thing of the past unless a premium is paid. Regular 1st class mail is treated as 3 class mail with little to no priority given to it while 3rd class business mail receives 1st class treatment.

This is the USPS answer to loss of revenue to the Internet?

I have 6 more years to go until I can get out and don't think at present rate I will make it!

Fingers crossed!!sm00

I know persons in the postal system here in western Illinois. If theres any one thing that's killing the usps, its the attutudes of the employees...not all, but enough to really ruin the system as a whole.

Here theres load of carriers that are just working the system. Gripe and complain, while calling in sick and then going out and doing whatever they want. One went out partying and posted it on facebook. Having a busy day?, just hide the extra mail in totes under the counter and let the next guy deliver it on the weekend. Hey, if your in the office and have a line of people in wait for service and lunch time comes...just shut the window and walk away.

Repeated mis-delivered mail, lost registered letters, and so on and so on. That's one problem, but the main one is theres no accountability ...in these parts anyhow.

The management at 1st 2nd and 3rd levels up just look the other way. Its a rare thing for someone to get wrote up around here, much less ever get fired. AND..these are all people who are raking in $20-$30 and hour WITH full benefits..

Try running a private business like that...with people like that. In western Illinois it doesn't take much to see why the usps is going bust.

The usps as a whole has gone down hill last 10 yrs, its really sad, but somehow your bills make it thru no matter what?

quote:Originally posted by SmilinSam

I know persons in the postal system here in western Illinois. If theres any one thing that's killing the usps, its the attutudes of the employees...not all, but enough to really ruin the system as a whole. Here theres load of carriers that are just working the system. Gripe and complain, while calling in sick and then going out and doing whatever they want. One went out partying and posted it on facebook. Having a busy day?, just hide the extra mail in totes under the counter and let the next guy deliver it on the weekend. Hey, if your in the office and have a line of people in wait for service and lunch time comes...just shut the window and walk away. Repeated mis-delivered mail, lost registered letters, and so on and so on. That's one problem, but the main one is theres no accountability ...in these parts anyhow. The management at 1st 2nd and 3rd levels up just look the other way. Its a rare thing for someone to get wrote up around here, much less ever get fired. AND..these are all people who are raking in $20-$30 and hour WITH full benefits..Try running a private business like that...with people like that. In western Illinois it doesn't take much to see why the usps is going bust.

id="quote">
id="quote">There is a small percentage of people who do work the system just like in any Government type job. There is nobody that I know except maybe the very top tier employees who get "Full Benefits ". There also are many incompetent people in management, of that there is absolutely no doubt.Even with all of it's problems, the PO STILL makes money! The PO is the ONLY government agency that is prefunding it's own retirement accounts to the tune of tens of MILLIONS of dollars the past 5 years.There is no doubt that there are employees that have called in sick when they really were not sick but the PO is not the only place of employment that has that type of abuse going on.The PO was a cash cow for so many years that several government agencies skimmed off millions of dollars from it's coffers for years.The public can bitch and complain all they want about the abuse of the POs system and the "High price" of mailing a letter. The truth be known, there is NOWHERE in the world that a person can mail a letter as cheap as through the USPS...period! The PO still handles billions of pieces of mail each year without incident. Is the system broken....you bet! Untill there is a complete overhaul of the management team from top to bottom, it will NEVER get fixed!Privatization is not and will not be the answer because nobody wants the unprofitable portions like "house to house" delivery 6 days a week to just about anywhere in the USA for 46cents.Only time will tell what's to become of the USPS as it was known for years. I can tell you that the number of employees has gone from 800k to around 300K nation wide the past 5 years and the numbers continue to drop as the aging workforce continues to retire.There is a new lower paid employee that is a non full time employee that is part of the next generation of postal employees.This new breed of employee is making 10-12 dollars an hr and this in part, accounts for a huge turnover of these type of employees as well as a larger amount of "lack of work ethics" in the system itself.It's only a matter of time now before something is going to give at the USPS.and I want to tell you the general public is not going to be happy with the end results of much larger costs to do business on both the personal level as well as the business side.I plan on riding the surf of change that is taking place at the USPS for the next 5 years if I am lucky and after that, it's anyone's guess what the future for tells for the USPS....and quite frankly, I could care less after that!

When I said "full" benefits, I truthfully meant retirement benefits. With that said..

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

I have 6 more years to go until I can get out and don't think at present rate I will make it!Fingers crossed!!sm00

id="quote">
id="quote">By getting out, do you mean retire with some retirement benefits?If so, theres been loads of postal employees( as well as employees of other industries) in the area here that have been pretty much in the same line of thinking. Hoping they can hold on till they can retire and collect some retirememnt benefits.My question , to the whole of our society really, is what makes everyone so sure of retirement benefits even being there for the duration of their retirement?Sure, retirement benefits have been a staple in our society for so long now that everyone seems to think its a given, without any consideration of the backdrop of the reality of the economic and social situations of the time.Reality could very well come like a thief in the night, unexpected and unprepared for, even though the warning signs were there in clear view for decades.Our society is like a car being driven with a days worth of gas across a 4 day desert. Those in the driving seat seem happy to burn all the gas up in the car driving along, full well knowing its going to run out. Yet even knowing this, they do nothing to get more gas. They just continue along giving absolutely no concern to the walk the passengers are going to face during the last 3 days of trip, hiking it on foot.... I don't mean to be a dark cloud in what was a sunny post, but reality is reality.

I am NOT banking on SSI for my retirement years!

I do a self funded 401K that will be the main source of my income....if I don't lose it all in the markets.

I am not on any fixed pension plan due to the fact that I am not a civil service employee. There is no more civil service pension plans in the postal system at this time. There is a federal employee plan that is based on a small agency match which is common in most industry today.

(I really hoped that Flat rate shipping would really help the USPS, I much prefer it to UPS, Fedx...at least by cost. and nobody can do what they do for > 50 cents per envelope) we're kinda in the wrong forum for this

Dan, I would like to know WHAT you end up getting back??, and if it really comes from Hawaii sm01 Its hard to believe somebody goes thru so much for a few bucks back after shipping costs :Qsm00

Believe it or not...there are a percentage of employees who really do care about service to the public. We are very very frustrated with the direction that the upper management has taken with regards to how the general publics mail is handled.

As I stated in my earlier post, there has been a HUGE change in how 1st class mail is handled and the public was NEVER told the true facts.

It has become so bad at the usps as of late that I am ashamed to even tell anyone where it is I work.

Thanks for listening to my rant about the sad state of affairs the USPS has become!

The absolute worst part is that the military vets are the ones who deserve to have a good paying, living wage job waiting for them when they get out of the service. Those days are a thing of the past!

Here, Here on the vets!

I retired 1 year ago. Worked for a larger private company for 43 years. Unlike unions and state/fed pensions, private industry has to have by law a large percentage (don't remember the number) of their pension liabilities covered in a separate fund.

When I retired the company withdrew my pension value and purchased an annuity...so I should be safe even if the company falls on hard times. So I feel good and have a better deal than most, and should be good unless the whole country goes down the toilet. Do I hear water flushing?

BTW the company has not offered for many years the same kind of pension I got. Most, like the company my son works for contribute to his private/individual 401K/pension. Which is nice in that you can take it with you when you change employers.

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

(I really hoped that Flat rate shipping would really help the USPS, I much prefer it to UPS, Fedx...at least by cost. and nobody can do what they do for > 50 cents per envelope) we're kinda in the wrong forum for thisDan, I would like to know WHAT you end up getting back??, and if it really comes from Hawaii sm01 Its hard to believe somebody goes thru so much for a few bucks back after shipping costs :Qsm00

id="quote">
id="quote">I forgot to take a pictureNo idea if it came from Hawaii, no markings or stamps. I got a priority mail box (small flat rate) but not the one I shipped it in.It was ripped open, so it was put inside a clear plastic bag with an apology from the post office for the "damaged box with contents"The "contents" consisted of my undamaged part, wrapped in walmart plastic bags (not my packageing) and stuffed in the open end of the box.....a small bottle of Loreal Paris Hair Care Oil ?????I sent the guy back his 15 bucks, still have not heard from him.