Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Other brands

rokon2813

I'm not usually into much other than Simplicity built, and nothing bigger than garden size, but some guys here are so here goes.

Is literature (sales, parts, repair, operators) for other brands as popular as ours for things like Wheel Horse garden, John Deere farm, Ontario and Papec equipment?

I ran across a "pile" and want to make sure it's worth playing with.

I doubt if any of it is any newer than 80's, and the Green stuff is supposed to go back to the beginning.....

Once had a dealer binder about 4" thick of Wheel Horse stuff I got with a pair of tractors I bought at a local auction. Put it on Ebay(years ago) and got around $300 for it..

John Deere is a household name. Nearly anything JD is collectible. Aumann, Polk, and Girard Auction co have made their business largely from selling farm and AG related memorabilia including literature. Take each item and do a completed item search on eBay and see what they are selling for. Short line items usually don't bring what the JD, Moline, AC, MH, etc do but check them all out. You might be surprised.

Cool, I was hoping so. All I can say at this point is I went this morning with the wife's car to look and dicker. After seeing it, I decided the car wasn't big enough, paid the man's asking without dickering and will go back tomorrow with the truck. :o:O

There is Simplicity stuff too :D

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

OO...PICS ASAP!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">I started a post in show and tell......

You betcha Dan! Some of those 'other brand' guys are crazier than us.

Wheel Horse is huge out my way, since they built them about 2 hours south of me. I've only owned one, as part of a package deal...looked OK, and was an early 60's model. I put $600obo on it, having never even tried to start it, assuming 'obo' would get me some calls and fellas who wanted to dicker...giving me an idea what I could get.

First guy took it at asking price...second & third emails said the same. I had the ad deleted in an hour's time.

Yeah, Wheel Horse was the local product for a lot of years. I cut my teeth on a WH 800 Special. Still have a soft spot for them.