Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Speed of my Vickers® hydro

Simplicity7013H

I was looking thought the manual of my 7013 and could find where it said what the top speed was. Any help appreciated,

Thanks

-Elliot

Yes, I can verify that.:Q In a 3314H owners manual I have it specifies that the Vickers® brand hydrostatic transmission has a forward speed of 0-7 MPH and a reverse speed of 0-4 MPH. I believe the Sundstrand® transmissions have a forward speed up to 8. Not sure about reverse though.8C

quote:Originally posted by 1978Simplicity7016H

Yes, I can verify that.:Q In a 3314H owners manual I have it specifies that the Vickers® brand hydrostatic transmission has a forward speed of 0-7 MPH and a reverse speed of 0-4 MPH. I believe the Sundstrand® transmissions have a forward speed up to 8. Not sure about reverse though.8C

id="quote">
id="quote">Though it doesn't specify the maximum speed here's the recommended operating speeds and throttle positions for Allis machines with the Sunstrand. There's a similar chart for the gear drive tractors.http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/speeds_hydro.htm

I can verify that my HB212 is faster than my 917H. But the HB212 has Goodyear tires which are quit a bit larger in diameter than the Carisle Turf Savers on the 917H.

Hmmm... I am running the stock 23 x 10.50 Goodyears. The HB would keep up with our Ferris mowing at top speed.

300/400 series Vickers are listed at 0 to 8.1 mph forward, and 0 to 3.8 mph in reverse. All with 23x10.5x12 tires..

(reference-Simpletractors)