Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How's this for luck

davidmoll

Well we have been getting dumped on in the Boston area as everybody knows. Looks like its finally waining. Well during one of the smaller storms (six inches) my steering broke on my 6216 and the key in the steering shaft fell out. The forecast was for another blizzard the following weekend. Couldn't find the key or parts I needed in time. Steering plate was worn out. What to do? Decided I may be able to jerry rig the steering if I could find the key. Well went out in the dark after work with my metal detector and to my total amazement found it within 20 minutes in the edge of the snow bank. Talk about shear luck. Thank you god! Well I jerry rigged the steering plate and used the old worn out bushing and she has held together through the blizzard and the last 5 storms. I now have a spare key for the future and will fix the steering plate soon. Never thought I would find it but had to trysm01

Congrats & good find...

I just lost my keys while blowing 9" of insulation in my new workshop attic. But no such luck and no metal detector. I sifted thru the cellulose insulation for 30 mins & gave up XX(

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Congrats & good find...I just lost my keys while blowing 9" of insulation in my new workshop attic. But no such luck and no metal detector. I sifted thru the cellulose insulation for 30 mins & gave up XX(

id="quote">
id="quote">Bummer!!sm00