Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC= simplicity??

Hi, My question for today is which simplicity is most like my AC HB-212. and is there an easy to know which AC are like which simple.

Mark,

The Simplicity 3212H is the same as an HB-212. It was MFR # 572 (sometimes listed as 990572) with manual lift or MFR 573 (990573} with hydraulic lift. Except for the seat, paint, chrome trim and decals, they were the same tractor....

Check out the X-reference table, especially the first 2 pages to see which of the old B-series corresponded to which Simplicity.... The Quick Reference doesn't go back that far -- it covers basically page 3 and forward (of those listed in the X-ref table)....

Hope this helps.

Kent

should have ask you when we were talking about manual. Thanksnow I know where to look in manual when I get it.

The AC B series tractors had seats with backs and arm rests. The corresponding Simplicities didn't. Just an implement type seat with a cushion.

I have a AC B-210 that needs a new seat. A simplicity dealer gave me a part number of 1686712 to fit my AC. Will this work? What is the difference between AC and Simplicity seats? Thanks in advance.

Todd Stein
tstein@hpti.com