Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_H

7016 3 speed

Mike_H

Last weekend, I picked up a 1690086 3 speed 7016. Running, driving with loaded rear tires, and spares for the front...kinda came bundled with a snowblower I was interested in. Didn't really want another project, but I couldn't let it rot in the guys yard any longer.

Anyway, The hood looks like its been attacked. This is an early model, with the light pods...Its all supposed to be one piece, correct? Right now, it looks as though the spot welds broke at the seam between the grill section and the hood section, and someone installed some hinges.

20150315_220201_zpsz9gqgeqt.jpg

The seam above the light pods is also broken...and then someone took a cutting wheel to it below the pods. I have NO idea what the purpose was for that...

20150315_220210_zps6pujttjt.jpg

Anyway, I'm planning on welding that all back together. Just wanted to quick check, and make sure I'm not missing anything, and I weld a seam that is supposed not be welded.

Finally, I'll need some lights. Are there replacements out there for the floodlight headlights they put in these? Two of them work, one is present but dark, and the last is MIA.

Talntedmrgreen

I'm betting they did that so the whole hood wouldn't have to be opened, since that exhaust outlet location was a poor design on Simplicity's part. It cooks the hood, or if extended, hangs up on the hood outlet.