Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sdhdcouple

best way to get this off

sdhdcouple

what is the best way to get the input yoke off the front of the BGB? I have tried and tried to get this off but no luck. I would post a picture but can't find the button to do so.

rokon2813

2 long threaded bolts will push it off. Screw them through the threaded holes and push against the frame with them.

Make sure you loosened the set screw.

sdhdcouple

see that why I like you people, I would not have thought of just running bolt all the way thru it. dang smart peoples you all are.

yes I took the set screw out. ok back to the dirt pile.

thank you

Burntime

Soak it, soak it, soak it, and then 2 bolts. Always worked for me. What ever you do, be careful with heat. You can heat it some and soak it the first time, but you dont want to melt the seals...

powermax_paul

One thing that my brother taught me was if the puller is really tight, tap on the end of the puller bolt lightly. Sometimes this will loosen the pulley enough to put more torque on the puller and then tap on the end or the puller bolt again. Repeat to work the gear off.

sdhdcouple

well I tried my puller, but it just didn't get a good grip. I oiled it up and got 2 3" long 3/8" bolt and walked it right off. took longer to put my cold cloths on than it did to get it off. thanks again. I don't know why I didn't think of that, guess I was so focused on the puller not getting the job done I wasn't thinking. any how thanks guys, now on to the next step of getting these BGB off.