Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
cs917

triad is it worth it

cs917

I got a Sovereign last fall. The local mower shop owner called me when his customer didn't what to replace the engine. I got ever thing. My question is it worth taking it apart to see if I can repair it??

I think it has a broken rod. There is no damage to the block that I can tell.It only turns a little each way before it gets tight.Are the parts easy to get for these engines or are they no longer available?

I have been a Diesel Tech for 20 years so I am not a first timer.

I have a KT 17 I could put in it but I don't want to remove it from the tractor its in.

Thanks Chris

PhanDad

I picked up a tractor with blown Triad about 2 years ago. The PO told me many parts are NLA and those that are, are very expensive.

As to "no damage to the block as far as I can tell", the main problem was the fins would clog, run hot, and drop a sleeve.

As Ron stated, best option is to replace the engine.

cs917

I found out that the PO son changed the oil but forgot to put oil back in it. It only ran for a short time then quit..

I have a 917 that I use for everything and a 7117 that is a project and this came along. This one is very nice with power steering and a nice deck. thanks for your input