Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller belt rubbing hydrostat filter

TheLawnMowerMan

I put my tiller on yesterday for the first time and the belt is constantly rubbing the hydrostat filter, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to fix it? This is on my 17gth-l. I couldn't find anything to tighten or adjust to stop this from happening. I checked to make sure I had the belt on properly and from what I've seen it's on correctly. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it's the pulley assembly that attaches to the back of the tractor I have it, but the belt still rubs on the top of the filter.

The single pulley kit that Ray referred you to is mounted in front of the side mounted hydro filter. A different 2 pulley idler assembly is mounted on the rear of the tractor. The front single pulley kit is only used with the side mount filter.

I'm not seeing that other pulley in the manual that's listed in the topic Ray mentioned. It has the rear mounted pulley assembly. If someone else could point out what I'm missing on there it'd be awesome. I don't know if I'm just overlooking it or what but I can't find it. I was looking at page 30.

I called my local simplicity dealer and he looked it up and it's no longer available. I also checked on Jack's and it also says no longer available.

Try ordering the individual part numbers in the kit. They are available.

Simplicity

PN# 1671233ASM

More Info BRKT Z .134T 2.00 W 4 PN#: 1671233

has been superceded

to PN# 1671233ASM

Our Price: $24.25

Simplicity

PN# 1657712SM

More Info PULLEY IDLER 03.62 OD PN#: 1657712

has been superceded

to PN# 1657712SM

Our Price: $29.15

• Like 1

The kit in it's entirety is no longer available. You have to look up each individual part. I just got these parts in from Jack's about 2 months ago.

I had this problem, I just bought a pulley and bolted it to the side plate I think I used an existing hole!! see if I can take a picture and send it, please send me a personal email with your email address and I will send.

quote:Originally posted by colincox1

I had this problem, I just bought a pulley and bolted it to the side plate I think I used an existing hole!! see if I can take a picture and send it, please send me a personal email with your email address and I will send.

id="quote">
id="quote">Colin, post the pic here. We would all like to see it. dOd

I ended up ordering the parts from the dealer. And got the bolts from the hardware store. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, if I gave the wrong answer. The bracket was already on my tractor I just had to buy a pulley/idler and bolt it on ! Best regards Colin

when I worked for a semi truck shop the manual sometimes said " manufacture locally " when I asked what that meant the parts guy said " make it yourself " . my 7112 had some holes in the frame about where the bracket mounts so I got a grade 8 bolt tapped the hole I wanted threaded in the bolt and double nutted it . used a pulley I had . havent had a problem yet .

• 2 years later...

I'm not at home with my tractor (now having widthdraw pains), but I think all of the belt information is on the underside of the hood, and can be seen when you tilt the hood forward.

The Simplicity part number for the 96.1" HB (wider than standard) for "Sovereign" rear attachments is: 105340 (or 2105340).

Welcome to the club.

Edited by PhanDad