Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vaccum Rebuild??

hurleyii

Ok guys I'm restoring my vacuum cart and I'm needing new bearings for 2 idler pulleys both are the flat pulley one on each side of the vaccum.

One pulley is available and one is not. but I'd prefer to save money and just replace the bearings especially since the one isn't even available. Has anybody tried grinding away the extra material so they could remove the bearing and replace it?

Also does anybody know the difference in the two pulleys? I cant tell a bit of difference in the two parts. Does somebody have the outside diameter across the pulley's I have not removed them yet.

I also ordered the blower bearing assembly itself. Ouch to I would say on price!

Not sure what "extra material" you are referring too. Not all idlers can be disassembled. If it has rivets holding it together you can drill them out to split the two halves. You can probably get bearings from a bearing supply house or an implement dealer may be able to cross reference the bearing number (number should be visible on the seal). You might want to price the bearings before going to the trouble of splitting the pulleys. There might not be much price difference. Also you might be able to have an implement dealer or mower shop match up your pulleys to something they have in-stock.

Oh I forgot ID# I see sorry.

Well the one pulley isn't available at all. The pulley itself is only 20.00 as for the one that's available.

I have yet to remove them or look at the diagram to know which one isn't available but the damage to some parts suggest that one of the pulleys is already incorrect in size.

Thank you for your help I will keep you guys informed, and if anybody has some good pics of the trailer fully assembled without the vacuum hoses that would help.

Just finished making the back piece of my trailer section out of some 26 gauge. It's to light but it will do for now.

I wish I could share pics with you guys but I've made my pics as small as the pc will let me and they are still to big. Which I find very upsetting since I'm a club member.

Upper section of trac vac trailer