Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Little Red Wagon

RandyBuxton

Just picked this up down the road. $75, found on Craigslist yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the price. Especially here in Northern Virginia! Soon it'll be yellow to match the AC B-10.

DumpCart1.jpg

DumpCart1.jpg.07b05b7bc116f910a6f38b83d2af6d3e.jpg

Yep, and the feller who sold it me didn't know that it tipped all the way to upside down. And now I can use the tailgate to prototype a second for the old dump cart that I bought some time ago without a tailgate. Paid a lot more for that one and the bottom is rusted out in spots. Seemed like a good idea at the time!

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Nice, and it has a tailgate too.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Randy I did the same thing with a Simplicity trailer. below is the finished version. Vintage Decals made these for me from measurements from an early 60's trailer. They have the set on their web page if needed...good luck sm01

DSCI6807.JPG

DSCI6807.JPG.801f8933c1ba02073533c6847ddbb968.JPG

• Like 1

That's what mine will look like. I wonder though, are the wheels/tires of the same style as they were back in the day of originality?

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Randy I did the same thing with a Simplicity trailer. below is the finished version. Vintage Decals made these for me from measurements from an early 60's trailer. They have the set on their web page if needed...good luck sm01

DSCI6807.JPG

id="quote">
id="quote">

Yes they are. :D At one time I had a NOS axle with tires. Those are it.

Greg's anyway, can't see your wheels that well.

Another FYI...the color I used is Rustoleum "Old Cat Yellow"

Like Dan said...that is the OEM style tire/wheel. Good luck sm01

Thanks for the wheel/tire info. And I have a gallon of the Old Cat Yellow used in my HVLP sprayer.

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

Another FYI...the color I used is Rustoleum "Old Cat Yellow"Like Dan said...that is the OEM style tire/wheel. Good luck sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">

• 3 weeks later...

And a mere 17 days later I now have a little yellow wagon. Once the rain stops in another day I'll be out into the yard to start the pick up sticks game. Next, on to the Homelite chainsaw restore job. Here's the before....

DumpCart1.jpg

And after the restore job.

DumpCartYellow1.jpg

DumpCart1.jpg.70d7ddf8f5cc1e477c2741c8c9b18656.jpg

DumpCartYellow1.jpg.174583f9f7fc34175e86c372b0b7e6de.jpg

• Like 1

Randy the decals on mine I had made by Vintage Decals. They have the set on their web page. The pics & dimensions for mine came from an all original trailer that I bought for Nathan Gale. The one in your pic is from a different time. The decals changed several times over the yrs....FYI sm01

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the final product ready to roll at the Cumberland Valley Antique Engine and Machinery Association Spring Fling on April 25th. Decals are thanks to Vintage Reproductions.

dumpcart.jpg

dumpcart.jpg.d41be530a9056f72d368f83289322bf8.jpg