Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT tiller on a RBT?

B112_son

Is it possible to run a 32" FDT tiller on a RBT? I already have a flat top 32" for my B112 and I am on a mission to find a nice late model sovereign. I already have a 46" blade for an RBT and was hoping the tiller would be interchangeable as well. Thanks for the help

It will really spin those tines. I know a guy that ran an FDT tiller on his 7016. He ended up rigging some pulley on it to slow it down some, but still could only till at part throttle without feeling like it was going to throw the tiller apart. Really churned the ground though!

Thanks guys for the input. BLT thanks for the link. Maybe I'll just leave the B112 set up with the tiller for the summer. I was just disappointed last year with how it performed. 1/2 throttle, 1st gear, and the variable as slow as I could go and it was still too fast for gardens that get worked every year. I had to do a lot of clutching yet and I was just thinking the hydro might be easier to control.

Variable tractors don't make good tiller tractors. 3 spd tractors with trans input pulley changed to a 9/10 in pulley are best with a FDT type tiller...Dave